Quality Assurance Analyst
Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
About the role
WHO IS KICKBOOSTER?
Kickbooster is a high-growth division of Bold Commerce, dedicated to creating the most powerful and effective technology solutions for the crowdfunding industry. We develop and manage a suite of crowdfunding products, aimed at empowering individuals to bring their ideas to life!
Click here to learn more about Kickbooster!
We are looking for a full time Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst who is excited to get entrenched in our product-building process, while making sure everything that gets shipped lives up to Kickbooster’s standards. Our apps are the core of our business and you would have the opportunity to be a key player on the team. If you have a keen eye for detail, a passion for the tech industry, and the drive to be part of a dedicated team, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Be one of the last sets of eyes to make sure that everything is working on our apps as expected before it gets released
- Work closely with the Product Team to plan work and establish acceptance criteria for tasks before they enter development within an agile framework
- Triage support requests and help the product manager with building requirements
- Find bugs and improvements and then identify solutions
- Make meaningful contributions to app features throughout the stages of development; testing our apps before they ship is just the starting point
- Write and execute test cases, log and organize defects, and outline the steps needed to reproduce
- Put yourself into the shoes of our users and test our apps the way that they would see it
What we're looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 5+ years of proven work experience testing software
- Post secondary education in web design, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with test automation frameworks, performance testing tools, load testing tools, security testing tools, and JIRA
- Good knowledge of a wide variety of web platforms; our projects span a wide spectrum of technologies including software, hardware, new technologies, and are optimized for different devices
- The ability to easily learn and adapt to new technologies
- Absolute attention to every little detail; you need to be picky, down to the last pixel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; you’ll be working with the entire team and we want to hear your ideas, concerns, and most of all your solutions
- The ability to take a task and run with it; What can you contribute that we didn’t think of?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the rails tech stack is an asset
- The more front end development skills the better; list any technical assets you’ve got
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!Apply now