Intermediate Ruby Developer - Toronto
Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Who is Kickbooster?
Kickbooster is a high-growth division of Bold Commerce, dedicated to creating the most powerful and effective technology solutions for the crowdfunding industry. We develop and manage a suite of crowdfunding products, aimed at empowering individuals to bring their ideas to life!
Click here to learn more about Kickbooster!
About the role
We’re looking for intermediate software developers with a wide range of experience and exposure to different technologies to add to our forward-thinking, driven development team. On the Kickbooster team, we use Ruby on Rails, RSpec and StimulusJS, however, if your experience is with similar technologies, we’d still love to hear from you!
More than just technical skills, we’re looking for like-minded individuals who are generally awesome and will make the office a better place for everyone.
We're looking for someone who
- Has a work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- Thrives in an environment of talented, hard-working people Is motivated and passionate about shipping high quality software
- Is driven to take a feature from concept to production Has experience build scalable and secure distributed systems
- Has an understanding of how to apply software design patterns in a real-world environment
- Has experience with or interest in TDD, CI, and CD
- Has an understanding of working with REST APIs
- Loves learning new things, as well as sharing knowledge and mentoring
- Has post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent program and/or related work experience
- Has 4+ years working as a Developer (preferably in Ruby on Rails)
Other skills that will get you far
- Comfortable with macOS or Linux
- Experience working with Laravel, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Concourse, Jenkins, or other CI systems
- MySQL, Postgres, or other database management systems
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!Apply now